CNC programming and Setup
The CNC classes at Housatonic Community College are flexible and specifically designed to capitalize on your employees’ existing knowledge and skills at any level. Since every student entering the class can have different experience, the class content is modular and can be utilized to support any student in improving their skills.
CNC Programming Content:
- Basic G&M code definitions and functions.
- Part design to X,Y&Z coordinate procedures & mathematics
- Proper program structure and development for Fanuc, Haas and other G code controls
- Multi tool programming
- Basic and advanced feed & speed calculations
- 2-3 & 4 axis programming.
CNC Setup Content:
- Powering up and troubleshooting the machine
- CNC tooling use & identification
- Establishing part & tool offsets
- Use of basic fixtures and work holding devices
- offset management and setup
- Nesting of parts
- Haas Tool Room Lathe & Haas Tool Room Mill
- Quasar CNC Mill with Fanuc OM control
- Leadwell CNC with Fanuc OM control
This course is not currently scheduled. To find out
When this course will be offered again please contact the Continuing Education
Center at (203) 332-5057 or email at HC-ContinuingEd@hcc.commnet.edu.