Disabling Pop-up Blockers
Most of the online learning systems, including myCommNet and Blackboard Learn, take advantage of pop-up windows to present course material. If any pop-up blockers are present on your system they will prevent you from using myCommNet or some Blackboard Learn course tools (i.e. mail, exams, library reserves, streaming media).
We recommend setting an option that allows pop-ups from websites you specify, and blocks all other pop-ups.
For your convenience, directions how to disable pop-up blocking in the most popular Internet browsers are listed below (click on the tabs).
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Choose the Turn Off Pop-up Blocker option.
- To allow pop-ups for myCommNet and Blackboard Vista Websites
- From the Internet Explorer tool-bar, SelectTools menu, from the drop down menu, SelectInternet Options then Select the Privacy tab (at the bottom of the Pirvacy window should be a Pop-up Blocker section), Select the Settings button.
- Add this addresses to the "Address of Website to allow." http://my.commnet.edu/ and http://vista.ctdlc.org
- Select the Add button, then Select theClose button, then Select the OK button.
- Open Mozilla
- Open the Edit toolbar menu and choose the Preferences option.
- On the right-hand column, under the Privacy & Security Preferences category, click on the Popup Windows topic. (If no sub-categories are visible, double-click on the title Privacy & Security to expand the list.)
- You can either de-select the box next to Block unrequested popup windows to completely disable the pop-up blocking software, or add my.commnet.edu and vista.ctdlc.org to a list of allowed sites.
- To do this, click the Allowed Sites... button, type http://my.commnet.edu into the text field, and then click the Add. Click OK. Repeat the same step for http://vista.ctdlc.org
- An alternative method of doing this is to browse to the myCommNet (http://my.commnet.edu), and then click on the Tools toolbar menu. Choose Popup Manager and then select the Allow Popus From This Site option.
- Open the Options window in Firefox.
- Click on the Web Features icon.
- Uncheck the Block Popup Windows option.Click Apply and OK to close the options window.
- To allow pop-ups from myCommNet and Blackboard Vista websites
- Click Allowed Sites.
- Enter this addresses( http://my.commnet.edu/) and http://vista.ctdlc.org
- Click OK.
- For more information you can visit:
* In the Mac OS X version of Firefox, the Preferences can be found on the Firefox menu, not the Tools menu.
* If you still have pop-ups being blocked than you may have another program on your computer that is blocking pop-ups. Some anti-virus software may include a pop-up blocker. Since we do not provide support for these products please consult your anti-virus software manual or seek out the manufacturer’s technical support.