Toolbar Pop-up Blockers (AOL, Google, Yahoo!, MSN Toolbars)
In addition to any internal browser pop-up blockers, toolbars can also contain pop-up blocker capabilities. Toolbars usually only affect the Internet Explorer browser.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the View menu and put your mouse over the Toolbars menu.
- A tiny menu should appear to the right. Note the contents of that menu.
- These toolbars may be named AOL Toolbar, AIM Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar (Yahoo Companion), MyWebSearch, MSN Toolbar, WebAssistant, ViewPoint Toolbar, etc.
- If any of these are present, we recommend uninstalling them.
- Please close any instances of Internet Explorer that you may have open.
- Click on the Start button within Microsoft Windows.
- Depending on the version of Windows you are running, you should see an icon labeled Control Panel. With other versions of Windows you may see Settings, and then within Settings you will see a Control Panel icon.
- Click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Within this window find the names of the toolbars that were listed before and uninstall them.
- If the name of the toolbar is not present within the Add or Remove Programs menu, go back into Internet Explorer > View > Toolbars and uncheck any remaining toolbars by clicking on the name within the menu. This should at the very least disable the toolbar if it cannot be completely uninstalled.
* If you still have pop-ups being blocked than you may have another program on your computer that is blocking pop-ups. Some anti-virus software may include a pop-up blocker. Since we do not provide support for these products please consult your anti-virus software manual or seek out the manufacturer’s technical support.